Communiqué of the NASPA Validation Workshop
This is the communiqué of the NASPA validation workshop organized by the SCCU of the Federal Ministry of Environment, in collaboration with BNRCC/NEST and other Lead Partners, and held on Tuesday 21 June 2011 at the New Chelsea Hotel Abuja where it convoked 79 participants including representatives from the ministries and non-governmental organizations.
Communiqué of the NASPA validation workshop
1. What will be the nature of the NASPA document?
2. How would NASPA be implemented?
3. How will the funding for NASPA be accomplished?
4. What should be frequency for reporting on NASPA?
The 79 participants at this workshop on the validation of NASPA, in view of the four key issues above, have taken the following decisions:
1. On the nature of the NASPA document, participants agreed to explore possibilities to mainstream the NASPA into other national development plans like the vision 2020.
2. It was agreed that the Federal Ministry of Environment will be responsible for the processing of NASPA through the mainstreaming stages.
3. Participants further agreed that the funding of the NASPA should be the responsibility of Line ministries whose mandate is related to the relevant sectoral recommendation.
4. On reporting, it was agreed that the periodic review of the NASPA be once every 2 years.